Terms & Conditions
- The Alice Springs Show will take place when and where CASS Inc. shall appoint.
- CASS Inc. reserves the right at any time to postpone the Show or any part thereof in consequence of inclement weather or for any other sufficient cause, to a date deemed suitable. The reason or cause for the postponement shall be determined by CASS Inc. and the decision shall not be open to question by any exhibitor or other person affected by the judgement. No hire/fee/or pass payments shall be returnable as a result of a postponement.
- CASS Inc. may abandon or cancel the Show or any part thereof through inclement weather or any other reason which may make such a course advisable.
- Should the Show be abandoned or cancelled, such an act shall be no cause for action or liability nor obligation be maintainable or be incurred by reason of abandonment or cancellation. Exhibitors shall be entitled to a return of the hire/fee or pass payments actually paid.
- No space allocation may be transferred, altered, reallocated, sublet, exceeded or other space intruded on without the written approval of CASS Inc.
- The use and purpose stated on the application may not change without the approval of CASS Inc. A full description of goods sold is to be included on the application, no deviation from the type stated will be allowed.
- Allocation of space shall be granted on application for each new event confirmed by payment of a booking deposit and acceptance by CASS Inc. CASS Inc reserves the right to limit the amount of frontage to ensure fair and proper distribution of space.
- Booking of any specific space is not perpetual and must be applied for on the Expression of Interest application form. Acceptance and allocation shall remain at the discretion of CASS Inc.
- The type of exhibit or sales outlet is limited by the number of similar exhibits within the same event. CASS Inc. reserves the right to limit the number of any one type of exhibit.
- Application for space must be made on the CASS Inc. Expression of Interest application form. CASS Inc. reserves the right to cancel or refuse any application at its own discretion. A booking deposit is required to reserve a space allocation. Stallholders, exhibitors and assistants are required to pay Membership or Entrance fees.
- CASS Inc. provides public liability insurance cover for all exhibitors. Cover applies irrespective of any private public liability cover the exhibitor may carry. The liability is limited to $5 million.
- Site bookings cancelled prior to 1 June will receive a 75% refund.
- No refund will be given for bookings cancelled on or after 1 June, 2017.
- If cancellation is for medical reason and an approved, signed medical certificate is produced then a full refund will be issued less administration costs.
- Notice of Cancellation must be received in writing prior to 1 June 2017.
- Space may be reallocated and the full fee charged if an exhibitor does not occupy the space by the close of business on the Thursday prior to the event.
- Liability for loss, non-delivery or damage caused to or by any exhibit shall be the responsibility of the exhibitor. The cost of insurance shall be arranged by and borne by the exhibitor.
- Any exhibit, plant or animal that is suspected of being diseased or dangerous will be refused display and entry to the grounds. The cost of treatment or removal shall be borne by the exhibitor.
- Exhibitors may display trade lists, advertising and other materials only within their site boundary. No person shall sell goods or services out of the bounds of their display.
- Exhibitors wishing to sell raffle tickets or to collect donations may do so only with the prior approval of CASS Inc. Sales may only be undertaken in the Exhibitors allocated space. All sales must conform to the requirements of the Lotteries Commission. A copy of relevant permits must be provided.
- At the discretion of CASS Inc, no article that creates a nuisance, annoyance, is dangerous, is offensive or of an objectionable nature may be displayed, given away, sold or given as a prize. Prohibited articles are shown earlier in this document “Banned at the Alice Springs Show”.
- All exhibitors selling Show Bags are to present a sample of each type of bag to the CASS Inc office by close of business on the Wednesday before the event. The contents shall be inspected by officers of Consumer Affairs and CASS Inc for compliance and suitability. Any items considered unsuitable must be removed from the bags and not sold on the grounds.
- All exhibitors and staff must carry and display in clear view, identification that includes the persons name, position and organisation.
- Exhibitors must comply with all current Australian Standards that are relevant to the activity undertaken.
Food and Drink Outlets
- Food stalls are available only at specific sites. The number of sites available shall be limited in number and in type of goods sold. Applicants will be given priority in order of receipt of application.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain the necessary Health Permit from the Health Inspectors Office, Department of health and Community Services, Environmental Health.
- Only goods specified on the application form may be sold at the stall.
- Showmen’s Guild Exclusive items are Dagwood Dogs (also called Pluto Pups, sausage on a stick), Fairy Floss, Waffles, Toffee Apples and Snow Cones. Only members of the Showmen’s Guild are permitted to sell these items, and only in the Showmen’s Guild area.
- Only one site space allocation will be permited per company or entity in the Food Court area.
Grounds, Fittings and Fittings
- No person shall break any ground surfaces without previous permission or cause damage or alteration to any building, structure, fixture or fitting. The cost of repair to the original condition shall be borne by the person causing such damage.
- No fixing holes may be drilled in any concrete floor or structure.
- CASS Inc. reserves the right to charge any stallholders for the cost of removing any excess rubbish left on the site.
- CASS Inc. operates a smoke free environment. All areas are identified and marked according to the Tobacco Control Act 2002.
- Smoking is not permitted within any building or structure. Smoking is not permitted within 2 metres of any entrance or other access point.
- Smoking is not permitted within 3 metres of any external air-conditioning plant.
- All enclosed areas must be smoke free and 50% of outdoor seating must be smoke free. For more information, check the Government website at: Smoke Free NT
Electricity and Water Supply
- Any electrical equipment or appliance not listed on “Power Booking Application” form must not be utilised on any trade site and may be removed from the site or disconnected by Show Officials following check inspection by the Society's Official electrical Contractor.
- All Power leads used on the show grounds must have a certified date of inspection tag on them.
- The P.O.S has the right to remove any lead or junction box not in compliance.
- All exhibitors requiring power of any description must use a RESIDUAL CURRENT DEVICE for each outlet. Double adaptors, multiple power boards per power point or any other form of increasing power availability will not be allowed at a point of supply.
- Only one power lead per outlet is permitted. This lead is to be rated at least 15 AMPS for single-phase outlets and 20 or 40 AMPS for three phase outlets.
- Any electrical work carried out on the Alice Springs Showground must be done by the Society's Official Electrical Contractor.
- The cost of any excessive use of power or water for anything other than ordinary use may be charged at the cost of provision. Arrangements for supply of excess requirements shall be made by the person requesting the supply by previous permission of CASS Inc.
- The supply will be un-metered and a fixed charge will be rendered prior to allocation of space.
- All electrical equipment used by the exhibitor shall comply with Australian Standards 3000, 3002 and any other standard that covers the equipment in use. All electrical equipment shall be safety checked and display test labels in compliance with the Work Health Act.
- CASS Inc. will notify exhibitors if their power requirements can be met and the cost to the stallholder.
- Three phase outlets are not to be used to achieve singlephase power unless a sub-board meeting the above regulations is used. 5 pin plugs must be used in three phase outlets. The use of the earth pin for neutral return is strictly forbidden.
- All leads from distribution boards must be protected against damage or tripping hazard. Protection shall comply with AS3002. Trenching of roads is prohibited.
- Electricity labels supplied by the CASS MUST be attached to the plug connected to the powerpoint.
- Total load per single-phase outlet is not to exceed 15 AMPS or 3,600 watts. Sites exceeding this will be disconnected. Exhibitors must determine total loading of their site and book the required number of outlets.
- Exhibitors will be liable for the cost of any damage done to a distribution board caused by overloading or misuse.
- No exhibitor shall carry out or cause to be carried out by another person, any work or modification to a Distribution Board.
- Exhibitors requiring three-phase power shall advise at time of space application. The total load per phase must be stated.
- All electrical faults at distribution boards must be reported to the Administration Office.
- CASS Inc. will not be responsible for any loss due to failure of power supply.
- Water supply is not guaranteed. Exhibitors requiring water connections shall advise and check availability. Hoses and connectors to available outlets will not be provided. The use of reclaimed water supply outlets (purple coloured outlets) is prohibited.
- Entry to the grounds for loading or unloading from vehicles will be allowed until 8.30 am.
- All vehicles must be removed from the site by 8.30 am.
- All traffic must use the prescribed roadways within the Park grounds. No new roadway shall be created.
- No vehicle may obstruct a roadway or access passage.
- All vehicles must be parked in the prescribed area allocated for the purpose.
- All persons entering the grounds must possess a Members or day ticket. Access allowed for stocking, loading or unloading does not confer entry rights.
- All normal traffic and road rules apply within the Park. All drivers must possess a current driver’s licence suitable for the vehicle type. Driving infringements may be enforced by Police or other authorised persons. All vehicles must be registered and roadworthy.
- A 20 km/hr speed limit applies to all roadways within Blatherskite Park.
Pavilion Opening and Closing Times
Prior to Show Days:
Monday to Wednesday: Pavilions will open at 8:30 am and close at 5:30 pm.
Thursday: Pavilions will open at 8:00 am and close at 8:00 pm.
During Show Days:
Friday: Pavilions will open at 8:30 am and close at 5:30 pm.
Saturday: Pavilions will be open at 8:30 am and close to the public at 5:00 pm. You will have until 7:30 pm to dismantle, or you can dismantle on the Sunday, or Monday.
After Show Days:
Sunday: Pavilions will open at 9:00 am and close at 12:00 am.
Monday: Pavilions will open at 9:00 am and close at 11:00 am.
Tuesday to Friday: Pavilions will be closed. Further access will be allowed on request.
- Access out of hours for major exhibitors may only be made by prior agreement with CASS Inc. CASS Inc. shall assess the requirements and reserves the right to refuse access. The cost of security arrangements for this purpose will be borne by the requesting exhibitor. No door may be left open without the presence of security personnel.
- Possession of the site will be allowed commencing the Monday of the event. All stalls must be completed by 8:00 pm on Thursday night. Exhibitors will not be permitted to erect stalls on Show days. Entry to the Park will not be allowed after 6.00 pm.
- Night time security supervision commences the Monday before the show, beginning at 6:00 pm each night and continuing until 7:00am. Security ceases on the Monday morning following the Show. All security arrangements before or after these times remains the responsibility of the Exhibitor.
- Insurance of items of value remains the responsibility of the exhibitor. CASS Inc takes no responsibility for loss or damage. It is recommended that no items of value are left unattended at any time.
- All stall holders and exhibitors must provide the prescribed level of fire protection for the type of exhibit and use.
- All exhibitors must provide an approved fire extinguisher to their sites.
- A maximum of two 9.2 kg LPG gas cylinders are allowed to be stored on site.
- Exhibitors and stallholders are required to comply with the Fire Brigade Act Part 2, Section 13. All requirements and instructions of Northern Territory Fire and Emergency Services personnel must be complied with.
- No fire hose reel or protective device shall be covered by any part of a display or structure.
- Tampering with fire protection devices is strictly prohibited. No fire hose reel shall be used for water supply, filling or hosing purposes.
- Camping is allowed only within prescribed areas.
- From the Monday morning preceding the event, until the Monday morning after the event. Fees are payable to CASS Inc, and the grounds must be vacated by 12 noon on the Monday after the event. (See Expression of interest application form.)
- Camping arrangements outside of this time can be arranged with, and paid to, Blatherskite Park Trustees. Ph: (08) 8955 5197
The decision of the CASS Inc Council shall be final on any question arising on the interpretation of the Rules, or on any matter not provided for by these Rules.